What We Learned at the 2018 Aquaveo User Conference
Aquaveo held its first annual User Conference from October 16-17, 2018! It was amazing to get to meet so many of our users at once. We hope everyone had a great time.
For us, it was exciting to meet users from all over the world. We met users from the United States, Canada, Portugal, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, Guyana, and Thailand. When asked why they came, the attendees said they came to learn:
- How Aquaveo’s products can help with their projects
- More of what Aquaveo has to offer
- What Aquaveo is all about
In listening to what our users had to share with us, we took away a couple key items that you want to see improved in our software.
- You want modeling to go faster. We understand the demand to give results in less time is growing, so we will be looking at ways to make the process of modeling take less time and still be accurate. Some of the innovations added into Aquaveo’s software already significantly reduce the time it takes to complete a model. We hope to add more automation and tools to speed up modeling times.
- You need to be able to work with big data. More data is becoming available and you want to be able to use it. This means processing large files covering larger areas in more detail. At Aquaveo, we are working on doing this, including optimizing our code and adding new tools to work with large files such as lidar files.
We’d like to thank the following for participating in our user conference:
- Rob Wallace with the U.S. Department of Defense's High Performance Computer Moderdernization Program
- Alpaslan Yörük with Hydrotec
- Veronica Ghelardi with the Federal Highway Administration
- Jim Nelson with Brigham Young University
- Scott Zey with Ayres Associates
- Steve Jones with Hansen, Allen, and Luce
- Antonio Trigo-Teixeira with the Instituto Superior Tecnico, University of Lisbon
- Francisco Aguirre with NTM Engineering
- Charles W. Downer with the U.S. Army Corp's Engineer Research and Development Center
- Michelle Smilowitz with HydroGeo Group
- Pornchai Pongpanlarp with Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand
- Jeff Davis with Barr Engineering
- Regina Graziano with SynTerra Corporation
- Willis Weight with Carroll College
If you couldn’t make it to the Aquaveo User Conference this year, we will be having another one next year. Watch our website and Facebook page for future details. See you next year!