Adding Multiple Screens to Well Points
Do you have multiple screens to add to your MNW2 wells? Adding multiple well screens can be an important part of modeling what a well situation looks like in real life. But you might be frustrated trying to figure out how to get multiple screens on your well points. Today, we detail how to add multiple screens on MNW2 wells.
While wells with singular screens can be imported using the GMS import wizard, adding more than one screen to a well necessitates a different workflow.
To add multiple screens, add them one at a time to each well:
- Create a coverage with MNW2 wells enabled.
- Use your TXT or CSV file to add the well points to your coverage through the import wizard.
- Once the points are in GMS, right-click on that coverage and choose Attribute Table.
- Make sure that your Show dropdown is set to "all", so that each well point is visible.
- If needed, uncheck the checkbox in the Use screen column.
- In the column labeled Boreline, click on the ... to open up the z screen table for one of your points.
- In that table, you can list (or copy/paste) all of the well screen values applicable to that well point.
- Repeat steps 5–7 for each well.
Since adding multiple screens is a manual task, staying organized is an important part of it. Consider keeping track of which wells you have already added screens to. You could keep track in a spreadsheet or in a notes application of your choice. This is especially important with a large number of wells because it is not obvious in the Attribute Table which wells already have screens assigned to them.
Again, adding multiple screens is specifically for MNW2 wells. So, if you have multiple screens to add to your wells, then you might consider changing them to MNW2 wells. This would allow the wells to accommodate adding multiple screens.
If you have a project needing multiple well screens, use GMS today!