RiverFlow2D by Hydronia
The Next Level in 2D Hydraulic Modeling
Method:2D Finite Volume
Why RiverFlow2D with SMS?
SMS supports RiverFlow2D through the Generic Model Interface offering a simple way to set model parameters and a graphical user interface to run the model and visualize the results. Gather background data from a variety of sources from GIS to CAD and access online data from numerous databases of maps, images, and elevation data. SMS allows you to interact with models in true 3D taking advantage of optimized OpenGL graphics and to create photo-realistic renderings and animations for PowerPoint, print, and web presentations.
Try SMS Free for 14 Days >Purchase SMS >
RiverFlow2D is a two-dimensional hydraulic model for rivers and estuaries that can also simulate sediment and pollutant transport and mudflows. It offers remarkably stable, accurate and fast finite-volume computations, accounting for subcritical and supercritical flows using refined flexible triangular-cell meshes. RiverFlow2D new state-of-the-art Finite-Volume engine provides a number of high performance capabilities including 2D flood routing over alternative wet and dry river bed conditions and parallelized computational engine (GPU-based) for faster simulations.
Main Model Features:Numerical Engine
- Spatial discretization using triangular elements
- High performance Finite-Volume engine
- Double-precision computations for higher accuracy
- Fully parallelized for faster execution in Multiple-Core computers
- GPU version for 100X faster simulations
- Stable and robust handling of dry and wet bed
- Virtually perfect volume conservation
- Subcritical and supercritical flows
- English and metric units
- Unlimited number of inflow and outflow boundaries/li>
- English and Metric units
- Culverts using FHWA formulation
- Bridges with pressure flow and overtopping
- Weirs and Gates
- Sources and sinks
- Rainfall and evaporation
- Bed-changes (erosion-deposition)
- Suspended and bed load transport
- Transport by size-fractions
- 10 sediment-transport formulas
- Sediment transport over rigid bed
- Reaction Rates and Decay
- Multiple Pollutants
- Seven rheological formulations
- Granular flow
- Oil pipelines leaks
- Oil Tank breaks
- Temperature dependent viscosity and density (Available 2015)
- Discharge hydrograph
- Discharge and elevation vs. time
- Water elevation vs. time
- Uniform flow
- Free outflow
- Robust dry-wet bed algorithm. RiverFlow2D allows modeling using meshes with large dry areas that can be flooded over the progression of a hydrograph, maintaining very stable results without generating numerical surging.
- Extensively tested. RiverFlow2D has been tested using ASCE 3D Flow Model Verification and Validation Committee guidelines. The model has been used in river projects worldwide in a broad range of hydraulic conditions, where it has replicated observed historic data.
- Stability. RiverFlow2D stable computational engine generates reliable results under a wide set of river conditions and hydraulic regimes.
- Accuracy. RiverFlow2D achieves virtually nil volume conservation errors (order of 10-12%) even when modeling the most demanding wetting and drying areas over complex terrains.
- Fast. RiverFlow2D GPU version can be 100 times faster than the non-parallelized version when using NVIDIA GPU cards.
- Extensible. RiverFlow2D is continuously being upgraded with improved functionality and new components. Add on modules include: Sediment Transport, Pollutant Transport, Mud and Debris Flows and Oil Spills on Land.
Comprehensive Technical Support: When modeling with RiverFlow2D you can count on comprehensive technical support provided by expert hydraulic engineers with many years of practical modeling experience.